Finding accommodation can sometimes be a major headache for students. To ensure that you enjoy your experience it is crucial that you make the right decision and choose the accommodation that suits you best. We in the Students’ Union are here to assist you in your accommodation search and provide you with as much support as possible.
Our designated Officer to deal with accommodation is Faye Woods your Vice President for Wellbeing and Engagement. If you wish to contact Faye, you can drop into her office in the Students’ Union, call 071-9141887 or email email@example.com.
There are three main options available for students in Sligo listed below! It is advised to arrange a viewing of the property before you pay a deposit (get a receipt) and it is essential you agree and sign a contract/lease agreement!
- Plan an afternoon/evening of viewings. Try to have at least 3 or 4 viewings planned for any one day.
- Always meet the landlord before agreeing to anything.
- Agree on a rent. Set it from the beginning. Make it clear how much you will be charged per month and what that will include (Will you get food? Are bills included? Are you paying for Christmas months? Etc.)
- Sort out the finer details. If there are things that annoy you or if there are rules in the house you should comply with, find out now. Things that aren’t aired out can fester and lead to avoidable arguments. Neither side wants that.
- Purpose Built Student Accommodation,
- Self Catering Accommodation,
- The Grove Student Complex,
- Milligan Court Student Accommodation,
- Gateway Apartments,
- Clarion Village Student Accommodation
- Benbulben Court Apartments.