The Embassy Rooms incorporates The Belfry Gastropub, The Lola Montez Late Night Venue, The Embassy Steakhouse & The Embassy Snooker Rooms. Situated in the heart of Sligo, it is one of the town best known Hospitality venues.
Renowned for its excellent customer service, we are always looking for key & experienced team members to join our team.
Role: To produce and deliver drinks and food that meet with the company requirements and ensure that the service you provide meets with service standards expected.
– To ensure that a friendly, efficient, courteous and consistently high service is provided at all times.
– To engage with customers in a welcoming & friendly manner and always with a smile.
– To have a good working relationship with your colleagues in all departments, maintaining high levels of communication, team work and respect at all times.
– To maintain the highest standard of personal appearance & hygiene.
– To arrive punctually for your shift and ready to start.
– To take food and drink orders from customers accurately and clearly, with a positive attitude.
– To be fully knowledgeable of the all food, beverage & specials menus and be able to explain them to a guest with confidence with the ability to make suggestions.
– To ensure that you NEVER say ‘NO’ to a guest unless their request is illegal.
– To ensure our patrons are enjoying their beverages/meals and take action to correct any problems
– To carry out jobs as dictated by the management team.
– To be able to prepare and present all hot and cold beverage items to company standards & to help food preparation staff when necessary
– To ensure the responsible serving of alcoholic drinks.
– To check identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
– To have a good understanding of licensing laws.
– To understand your responsibility in relation to Health and Safety, Food Safety and Fire Safety (both statutory and Company).
– To handle cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring all bills are paid for & charges are accurate, returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register at end of shift.
– To maintain a clean work environment and bar area to the highest standards, by cleaning the work space, cleaning tables, removing trash, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
– To remain at your workstation until the work area is fully cleaned
– To ensure toilet facilities are maintained to the highest level of cleanliness and corrective action is taken where required.
– To take inventory and order supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
Ability to operate the point of sale equipment.
All necessary COVID precautions in line with Government advice is adhered too.